Department of Homeland Security First Responder Training
search engine by freefind advanced
Department of Homeland Security First Responder Training

an Project support personnel arrived in early 1945. Insi
Department of Homeland Security

de the house the northeast room (the master bedroom) was designated the assembly room. Workbenches and tablesEMRTC were installed. To keep dust and sand out of instruments and tools, the windows were covered with plastic. Tape was used to fasten the edges of the plastic and to seal doors and cracks in the walls. The explosion, only two miles away,

Course Offerings

did not significantly damage the house. Most
of the windows were blown out, but the main structure was intact. Years of rain water dripping through holes in the roof did much m

use stood empty and deteriorating until1982 when the U.S. Army
stabilized the house to prevent any further damage. Shortly after, the Department of Energy and U.S. Army provided the funds for the National Park Service to completely restore the house. The work wa

tory of what happened at Trinity Site did not come to light
until after the second atomic bomb was exploded over Hiroshima, Japan, on August 6. President Truman made the announcement that day. Three days later, August 9,

t 14 the Japanese surrendered. Trinity Site became part of what was
ILERSBA was developed with support and cooperation from the Department of Homeland Security, National Bomb Squad Commanders Advisory Board, and New Mexico Tech to provide front line law enforcement officers with the skills and knowledge to effectively interdict and respond to an imminent suicide bombing attack (person-borne or vehicle-borne) or a non-suicide attack involving a vehicle-borne device.

then White Sands Provi

ng Ground. The proving ground was established on July 9, 1945
as a test facility to investigate the new rocket technology emerging from World War II. The land, including Trinity Site and the old Alamogordo Bombing Range, came under the control of the new rocket and missile testing facility. Interest in Trinity Site was immediate. In September 1945 press tours to the site started. One of the famous photos of ground zero shows Groves and Oppenheimer surrounded by a small group of reporters as they examine one of the footings to the 100-foot tower on which the bomb was placed. That picture was taken Sept. 11. The exposed footing is still visible at ground zero. On Sept. 15-17 George Cremeens, a young radio reporter from KRNT in Des Moines, visited the site with soundman

Frank Lagouri. They fle

w over the crater and

interviewed Dr. Kenneth Bainbridge, Trinity test director, and Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training. An applicant's Bush, base camp commander. Back in Iowa, Cremeens created four 15-minute reports on his visit which aired S

ept. 24, 26,27 and 29.SPOC

A 15-minute composit

e was made and aired on the ABC Radio Network. For his work Cremeens received a local Peabody Award for "Outstanding Reporting and Dr. Kenneth Bainbridg

en house. A few years later a small group from Tularo

National Domestic Preparedness Councilsa visited the site on the anniversary of the explosion to conduct a religious service and prayer for peace. Similar visits were made annually in recent years on the first Saturday in October. In 1967 the inner oblong fence was added. In 1972 the corridor barbed wire fence which connects the outer fence to the inner one was completed. Jumbo was moved

to the parking lot in 1979. Trinity Site open houses are now conducted in April and October because it is generally very

sion of White Sands Missile Range begins with a customer -a service developer, or another federal agency,

which is ready to

f the test program, be it the Army/ Tactical Missile System